The Interpreter reports directly to the Business Development Director. The Interpreter is responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken statements from one language to another.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another;
• Interpreters maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality to protect clients’ privacy at all times;
• Conform to all rules and regulations of the U. S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants;
• Attend continuing education training, as recommended; and
• Perform other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bilingual/multilingual ability is required; and
• Dedication to the rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and displaced persons is desired.
• Access to broadband internet, a device with video and audio capabilities, and a private location in which to take calls.
• Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
• Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
• Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants / refugees.org
Please submit a resume with a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, and references with your application to the following email address with the subject line, “Interpreter Job Opportunity”: firstname.lastname@example.org
No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.