The Department of Health and Human Services is dedicated to helping the people of Nebraska live better lives. Interpreters are needed for face-to-face communication with clients served by all divisions of DHHS your community.
As an Independent Contractor, Interpreters are responsible for facilitating interpretation sessions in a professional, focused manner and utilizing the necessary equipment to provide accurate and complete interpretation.
Interpreters must possess and maintain a high level of skill, proficiency, and professionalism in interpreting. Due to the sensitive nature of much of the information processed during an interpretation session, a high degree of integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
• Communicate accurately in English and the language of the DHHS client
• Facilitate many kinds of conversations – emergencies, medical, legal
• Accurately repeat critical information from one person to another
• Interpretation experience, certification and/or training
• Be able to attest to being a citizen of the United States or a qualified alien.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to reliable and insured transportation
Working with the Department of Health and Human Services team contributes to the lives and health of all Nebraskans. Be part of our team, “Helping people live better lives.”
If interested, please send an email to DHHS.firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact information.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.